Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Decor

Our little house has very few places to decorate. Since living here I have become much more of a minimalist than I used to be. The motto has been if you aren't using it or it doesn't serve a purpose, DONATE IT. Otherwise I end up dusting little things that sit around and take up space, making my 700 square foot living space look incredibly crowded. Don't get me wrong, I do like to decorate. I actually have boxes of things I haven't even unpacked because I don't have space for them but imagine someday I will, in another house. I have had to figure out how to make our space tasteful, festive, cute, and uncluttered/unbusy. Here are some shots of how I decorated for fall.
Above our some black cardstock bats. I originally saw them here and you can link to the original country living template too.
Above is what we experimented with in our garden this year, a variety of eggplant that looks like a mini pumpkin. I didn't get many since we had a pretty good freeze before a lot of them got ripe. I should have started them earlier or live somewhere with a longer growing season. At least I got enough to decorate the Halloween tree.
I've started collecting pheasant tail feathers as well. Someday I might so something with them like make a wreath (if we shoot enough pheasants) but for now I stick them in a garage sale tobacco tin. It looks a little empty though. Guess we need to go hunting more.

A lot of my decorations are cheapies. I have collected the over the past few years from Michaels, Tai Pan trading, Real Deals, and garage sales. I am not big on glittery, sparkly, cutesy decorations. Instead I like a more rustic simple neutral approach. I think if I could decorate with all fall harvest items I would. I just can't bring myself to but a 5 dollar pumpkin. Call me crazy, but I think it's too much. I tried to grow some of my own decorations, garage sale the others, and collect along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...