Sunday, March 11, 2012

Craftsy Block of the Month: March

I know I say this every month, but these are my absolute favorite so far. The blocks look very complicated but are so easy to do and they use scraps! This month focused on the technique of foundation piecing. You are basically sewing scrap strips to a larger piece and then trimming it. I loved the first one the best, but then I made the second one and I think I like that one better. The colors aren't super accurate in these pictures. My color scheme is grellow (greeny-yellow), plum, aqua, navy, pink. These blocks really pull it all together nicely.


string block

broken spiderweb

2 comments:

  1. I'm still working on Feb. I love these too....love your colors. Did you like foundation piecing? Talk to you soon.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foundation piecing I think is my favorite so far. I could make a whole quilt out of these blocks. Saw a book at joanns on sat. of all foundation pieced quilts, but didn't buy it. Wanted to find it used on amazon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...