Saturday, June 23, 2012

Look What's Blooming

The garden is again underway and is growing nicely. It doesn't look like it, but we did cut back. We decreased by 10 tomato plants, 45 pepper plants, increased green beans and peas, and added new strawberries. My delphiniums are blooming too. It amazes me every year that I grew them from a seed packet and how beautiful they are. They are my favorite flower I have. I also found a white spider on my echinacea plant. Not only am I terrified of spiders, but white ones are the scariest kind. I thought I'd play around with camera settings to see how well I could document it.


 Above is one of our new strawberry plants. After growing the alpine runnerless variety last year, which Eric threw a fit about. He realized how good sun ripened strawberries taste and decided he wanted to add regular variety plants. Little does he know, but he will be in charge of keeping them contained.

 Ahh delphiniums...it is impossible to capture their actual color on my camera. These pictures just don't even come close to doing them justice. More pictures to come when the whole bed starts blooming and there are 10-20 plumes. For now just the darkest purple plants are starting.


 Couldn't resist a few garden shots either. I never seem to get tired of the feeling of accomplishment when I know I have successfully grown a plant that can produce flowers or food. I monitor plants for buds, flowers, and early fruit everyday and before I know it I am cursing myself for planting too many tomatoes because I have buckets I can't give away. It doesn't ever stop me the next year though.
 And here, is the terrifying spider. He is about the size of a fingernail. What is it about the white ones? Are they scarier because they aren't common or that they are an unnatural color for a spider. Kind of like that green ketchup they used to have...something just wasn't right about it. Freaks me out. If my weakening echinacea plant dies I am totally blaming this spider and not my gardening skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...