Saturday, November 30, 2013

Big Changes.

As usual I have been MIA from the blog (here's the blog post you've been asking for mom.) Lots of news and changes going on around here. Eric and I got engaged on Oct. 12 (opening day of pheasant season). He'd been waiting for a special day and since we typically have run of the mill days up here, planning an extra special day would be very obvious and a dead give away. He decided opening day of pheasant season was a special enough day and happens to be one of his favorite days of the year. Once we got our first rooster and Turk retrieved it while it was swimming across a river, Eric popped the question. All in all it was totally unexpected, very us, and of course memorable. The celebration in the moment was short lived however, because as we were hugging Eric looked over my shoulder to see Turk kick up two more roosters and we had to keep walking. Typical.

A few weeks after that I had a job interview for a position in Colorado and got the job. We are currently in the process of closing on the sale of our beloved little green house, packing up, moving home, and figuring out the next adventure. So, to join the bandwagon of facebookers out there listing things they are thankful for and making me read them every day in my feed...I am thankful to be engaged, to be engaged before thirty (barely),  and to know that I will not be spending that milestone birthday or the next ten years of my life in the state of North Dakota.

1 comment:

  1. hi there! you recently commented on my blog post (http://www.cornflakedreams.com/2013/07/guest-post-coach-house-pictures.html) asking about the paper liners -- but i couldnt find your email. anyhoo my friend got the paper at Paper Source -- http://www.papersource.com/color/roll-wrap/3650.030/404.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...