Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Teaser

My enjoyable Sunday afternoon of filling an entire bucket with winter dog poop was unfortunately short lived. The 50 degree, no coat, grass showing, melting snow, hopeful for spring day is a thing of the past now that we have at least a foot of new snow in the last 24 hours. I already miss being able to spend more than 15 minutes outside. To make matters worse, Sunday was the first day of spring AND I finally found tulip babies peeking through the ground. I wish now I had taken their picture.  Then this happened... 
 I went to work Tuesday with normal (slightly chilly weather) and came home at lunchtime with this. It was almost white out weather driving home through town. My entire schedule cancelled at work, they cancelled school for a 1/2 day and again today. It got better after lunch, we shoveled out, and then got dumped on again last night. BOO!
 
I had just started to see the light at the end of the dreary winter tunnel. Then BAM! winter is back with full force and plenty of snow. Crushing blow. To cheer ourselves up we went to wal-mart (yes, even with no travel advised). We now have our indoor plant shelves to grow tomato and pepper babies this weekend. Our new cheer around the house is "Plants YEAH! (imagine it in a Jersey Shore Pauly D voice)." P.S. garden journal says my tulips bloomed April 27th last year. Don't think they will be that early again.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Kind of depressing...but I love how you always look on the bright side...growing plants in hope of Spring! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...