Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Work in Progress











Above: beginning of closet, starting ceiling drywall, jack on point, jack and windsor morning greet
This is of course long overdue (here it is finally mom). Eric and I have some big news...WE ARE GETTING A PUPPY. This week we put down a deposit on a liver(brown) and white field bred (that means hunting dog) english springer spaniel. Our litter will be born late November and we will get our pup in mid January! CAN'T WAIT!

In other news, our house is still coming along and eric finally found his camera cord. I uploaded the pics and am making a facebook album of progress with all our pics so those of you interested can go and look at them all in one place. Our latest progress is in the bedroom. We have the bedroom sheetrocked and have framed out our closet. I will put those pics up soon. I have one layer of tape and mud on the walls, but not on the ceiling yet. I am avoiding it. We are still working on getting sheet rock on the inside of our closet but aren't there quite yet. We have done a lot so far, but have put the living room on hold to get the bedroom underway. It is so much work, but will be worth it. I don't think we will make our Thanksgiving date, but are trying so hard.

Eric has again been studying a ton! It cuts into our house time but he is doing great. He passed the series 7 with flying colors and is now taking the series 66 on the 24th. After that he has one more before he begins "the job." He has also been going pheasant hunting as the videographer/photographer. I put up a great shot of Jack on point along with what we usually see through the window with our morning coffee. The dogs are doing well and are bird machines. Eric has been even looking for english pointers to adopt to make a bird dog pair. I don't think it will happen, but he thinks so.

Our weather here is surprisingly mild (HAHA Coloradans). It has been in the 40-60's with blue sky and sun. I am sure I will pay for it in January-March, but the radio announcers in town keep talking about how Winter is supposed to be here but isn't yet. I am not sure if that is truly the case, since we get about three radio stations here. I might be hearing a biased opinion.

On another note I got a new ride. Pearl is resting in our backyard and I have been cruising in Merle Haggard (the hag for short), the merlot colored Hyundai Santa Fe. It is great. So nice to once again have heat, a radio/cd player, and a car I actually feel like washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...