Thursday, October 28, 2010

Scentbug

I will admit I shop at Bath and Body Works more now than I did in the past. This is probably because I have such limited retail options within 50 miles. I recently received one of these as a gift and had never seen or heard of them before. I love them now so much I started buying them for other people. I was always a big candle person mainly because I like they way candles look when lit. But, where does all that wax go? You start with a huge candle and when it's gone it's an empty container. This leads me to assume all that wax is burning up into the air and settling on the brand new dry wall, trim, paint, etc. Not a happy thought for me considering how much time, energy, and dough I've invested in the little green house. So...I've explored some new options one of which is the scent bug.

You buy this little battery operated egg and whatever scented oil you prefer. Mine is fall leaves right now. The set-up runs you around $20, but you know the BBW sales are plentiful and you can probably find a deal on one of these little joys. The bug comes with these round cotton pads you put the oil on and then you put it in the bug, turn on the very quiet little fan, and forget about it. I forget about mine a lot, and have to replace the batteries often. The best features about the bug are 1. you can control the amount of scent released by the amount of oil you put on the cotton pad so you don't have aroma overload. 2. You can change the scent when you want to because the bug comes with three different cotton pads and you can buy refills too. 3. The jar of oil lasts forever because you only use 10-20 drops when you fill the bug. 

Go check them out. Good little gifts. Oh, they come in tons of colors too.


1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying mine. The green light however bugs you father so I have to turn it so he doesn't see it. Like the scent you sent too...MOM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...