Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chenille Baby Blanket

Yay! I can finally post about this sewing project since it has arrived at it's destination. Some of Eric's high school friends had their first son. This project had been on my list of things to make and it was the perfect opportunity. My mom has made one of these blankets in the past, and I also used the help of this tutorial.

This was my first time actually quilting and making and attaching a binding. The project is not hard, but is time consuming. I think that it is my most favorite thing I've made so far (I haven't made many things.) I love the color choices I put together which usually isn't the case. I think it feels so much better giving a hand made gift that means more than going out and buying something. Here's a closer shot of the chenille detail you get by cutting the flannel on the bias and washing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...