Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

Happy New Year. One resolution I make every year is to blog more. Let's see if I can stick with it this year along with the also frequent failed resolutions of drinking more water, working out, and making my bed every day. Last night we went to a party and I took dessert. To me it is the perfect New Years Eve dessert because it is something you surely won't eat after the new year, new diet, new work out plan starts. This dessert is called Swedish creme (I have no idea why). It contains mainly heavy cream and full fat sour cream, and sugar. It tastes awesome. I remember my mom making this when she had any type of fancy get together and I could never have any unless there were leftovers from the party. There were rarely leftovers.


Here's the recipe:
Combine 1 cup sugar, 2 cups heavy cream, and 2 teaspoons gelatin in a double boiler. Cook for at least ten minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Cool the mixture and then beat in 2 cups sour cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Pour into glasses (I chose jelly jars to make the dessert easily portable) and top with fresh berries,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...