Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Address Labels

We're getting our Christmas cards ready to go out soon so I made some festive address labels and it was really easy and cheap. Here's how I did it using purchased labels, Microsoft Word, and Google Image.

First I went into Microsoft Word "tools" and clicked on "letters and mailings." Select "envelopes and labels." A box will pop up where you have to select the label type. Click on "options" and then choose a "label product" and "product number." I used the Avery 5160 labels.

The label package will tell you what to select for correct printing.

After you choose the right kind of labels, click on "new document" and the label form appears. To make two sections, right click each box and choose "split cells" to make two columns and one row. I adjusted the left side to fit the clip art I chose.

To find the clip art, go to Google and click "images" in the upper left corner. Then you can type in whatever type of picture you want and Google will find you some options. Once you choose one, I usually hit "see full size image." A new screen will open with only your picture showing. Then you can click on "edit, select all" and copy the picture. After that all you have to do is paste it into your labels, type in your info and print your labels.

After I made the first Christmas set I made another one for everyday. I guess I better start sending more snail mail now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...