Monday, January 17, 2011

The Beast

    
....and he grew big and he grew mean. So he could protect the junkyard with only one thing on his mind KILL EVERYONE THAT BROKE IN. And he did, and he liked it. (Seen Sandlot?)

Besides the four thousand cars our neighbor has next door (ok so it is realistically about ten), and the regular parties he throws where people get into fights outside the bedroom window at 4am, and the giant flood light in the backyard that is on like ALL the time, and the fact that he is not social and has never actually been neighborly, there is a new GIGANTIC black Newfoundland dog that has been hanging around. 

     Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but this one is annoying me. Probably because he may belong to our next door neighbor and looks like he can eat a person. I don't know if he is nice, but I don't plan on finding out. One day we hear Chops yelp outside and look out our window to see a strange HUGE dog in our yard peeing on everything. After checking on Mr. Baby we look around and check the dog to see if he has tags. At that point our neighbors mother (I think) calls the dog over into her car. Situation under control right? Nope, two minutes later we see him run past the window again. First thought is that it isn't their dog, so I go outside and go to see what he is doing (he was again peeing on everything.)

I guess it's not normal for everyone to talk to their dogs like they are people, but I do it, and apparently I do it to strange dogs as well. While I say out loud to this dog "Where are you from, who's dog are you?" My neighbor, who probably heard me, walks around the corner of his house and is like "Did he hurt you?" WHAAT? Seriously, I felt like saying "Um if your 200 pound dog is dangerous then you need to keep it away from people and other dogs  But, as is normal with me, I never actually say what I think about saying. Instead I said "No, I'm not sure if he hurt my dog though. He seems ok. I'm just trying to figure out who he belongs to."
      After that we didn't see the Newfie for a while and thought his mom just brought this dog over and he wouldn't be back. But now he's over there every once in a while chained up marking his territory. This has turned us into the creepy neighbors because now every time we let Chops outside we peek through the bathroom window blinds to see if the dog is there. Sometimes people are out there and have probably seen us peeking. Besides that, we have to watch Chops like a hawk because most times he wants to run over there to say hi right away. Just another reason why spring can't come soon enough. Then we can put up the electric dog fence among other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...